Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Integrating Film Titles

One of the aspects that stand out about opening sequences is the integrated or non-integrated titles. Integrated titles can really make the audience focus on the secne before them, or make the audience understand the film will have a lot of hidden twists and turns that they should look out for. Non-integrated titles makes the actors, directors and film institute stand out, promoting them.
In my opening sequence I am hoping to integrate my titles, but to make them look professional I have done some background research to aid me.

The Dark Knight Rises


Here is an example of an integrated title. This is easily recognised as a title and is the center of focus on the screen. The intergrated title helps the scene flow.


Here is an actors name integrated into the scene. The name is a bit blurred but otherwise looks professional.

Sucker Punch


Sucker Punch gives other examples of integrated titles.



No comments:

Post a Comment