Friday, May 3, 2013

Question 6: What have you learnt about technologies from the process of construction your product?

During the course of constructing our product we have learnt a lot about technologies and how they work. We have used a variaty of different technologies such as goggle blogger, editing software and cameras.

Blogger
At first I found blogger very hard to use. I didn't know how to embed videos at first and I didn't know how to import pictures. Quickly I adapted to the new technology and overall I am very pleased with how my blog has turned out to be. With blogger I can create pages of research very easily and import pictures and videos with ease now making me spend my time very efficiently.

Editing software

We used an apple mac to edit our footage. The software on the apple mac we used was imovie which at first was very hard to use. Our remake of the opening sequence really pushed us to the limit of our beginner abilities and helped us understand how to use it. When creating our actual media project we used imovie as well because we felt like we knew how to use it so we could be efficient when using it to edit our opening sequence. We had a couple of issue with corrupt data on the first mac we started to use. This set us back quite a bit but actually allowed us to edit somethings better than we previously hadn't edited very well. To overcome this problem we moved to another newer mac to allow us to carry on editing our opening sequence. During our filming we had a major issue with our lighting in which all of the shots had different volumes of light and looked discontinuous. To overcome this project we had to edit the light levels on our opening sequence and it ended up giving a very grainy look to our opening sequence because of the lighting levels. However this was not a necessarily bad thing as when I had researched independent opening sequences I had noticed that a lot of them had a grainy texture and as an independent production company this didn't have a negative impact on our opening sequence.

Camera

We used a Sony HD camera to record our footage for our opening sequence. Having had past experience with lower quality cameras I thought that I might not be amazing but I know what I'm doing. However this was not the case and the camera was a lot harder to use than I expected. The zoom abilities of the camera was amazing and so was the fact we could auto focus. However the camera did have some drawbacks; because the camera was so good it picked up on every single light difference and made our filming look discontinuous. The sound was also a problem as it picked up on every little sound as well making it sound very unprofessional. To prevent these problems we edited the light levels on the editing software and removed all sound and added sound to the opening sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment