Friday, May 3, 2013

Question 7: Looking back at the preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression of it to your final product

Our preliminary task was poorly prepared. We did next to no research on it and the preparation was poor. The piece had no proper storyline and there was no consideration to mise en scene through the piece. There was little consideration to the actors and the actors had little direction to their acting. This meant that the piece was poor and very dull. The lighting in our piece was not very good and there was no non-digetic sound.

The very poor piece of film made me realise that I had to research and watch other pieces of film in order to create an enjoyable thought provoking piece of film.

I feel like I have learnt how to use editing software such as iMovie to efficiently and skilfully produce an aesthetically pleasing piece of film. I have learnt about the different genres and the way you can portray these genres through generic conventions such as introducing supernatural creatures in the opening sequence as our opening sequence showed.

I have learnt about the organisational side to creating a piece of film and how to efficiently time manage our production company. This is shown through the progression of our rough cuts. I have also learnt how to work more efficiently in a group to produce a better piece of film because we are working well as a group together.

The preliminary task had no thought in regards to stereotypical representations which didn't allow the audience to engage with the piece of film. I feel like after analysing opening sequences in regards to representation I have learnt how to represent certain stereotypical groups which I have shown in my opening sequence.

I have learnt so much about different technologies that are used in the media institute and the different types of distribution companies that can distribute my media product, something that when producing my preliminary task I never considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment